- 1 (1/4-pound) piece double-smoked bacon*
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps quartered
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oounces fresh pea shootspea shoots (4 cups)
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves (4 cups)
- 1 bunch fresh chives, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 6 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- Cut bacon into 3/4-inch-thick matchsticks and cook in a heavy skillet over moderately low heat, stirring, until crisp but still chewy, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off fat from skillet and add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, mushrooms, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden, about 8 minutes, then cool.
- Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large salad bowl until blended.
- Add pea shoots and spinach to dressing and toss to coat. Add bacon, mushrooms, chives, and radishes and toss https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pea-shoot-and-spinach-salad-with-bacon-and-shiitakes-105007